St. Nicks Alliance seeks inspirational leaders and managers, as well as After-School Group Leaders, to serve at School Settlement Association and St. Nicks Alliance centers.
See St. Nicks Alliance’s job openings for a list of all opportunities in our Youth and Education division.
After-school group leader
Group Leaders will plan and implement social, recreational, and educational activities for students in grades K through 8. Candidates with experience and talent teaching specific activities or theme-based clubs including sports, arts, STEM, or literacy are encouraged to apply and highlight those talents and experience.
- Actively monitor and engage participants during all program activities, including meals, transitions, field trips, clubs, activities, recreation and dismissal
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities including literacy, science, recreation, and ongoing theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring, impactful relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- High school diploma; college graduates or current college students STRONGLY preferred
- Senior positions require college or graduate school completion
- Work experience related to working with children HIGHLY preferred
- Interest and experience in youth development and academic enrichment (math, science, leadership, English
Language Arts (reading/ writing), financial literacy, and technology
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following: sports, recreational activities (cooking, sewing, knitting, jewelry making) and/ or the arts (dance, music, drama)
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- Availability between 2pm-6pm; approximately 16 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a broad range of people including building staff and parents.
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements, including background check and medical clearance.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “After-School Group Leader – School Settlement” in subject line. Please highlight any special talents that you have experience teaching young people.